Reap the Wind Cassie Palmer Karen Chance 9780451419071 Books

Reap the Wind Cassie Palmer Karen Chance 9780451419071 Books
Ok I was going to say I like Cassie..... But my fingers hesitated in typing it. Why because I know as I read this story it pissed me off. I am what you would call an avid reader. One who devours a book in one sitting ( even though I have an 9 hour job). I still get the book read and digested. This book took me 5 days to read. Why because there was ALWAYS some Hail Mary do or die issue going on. I felt like I was a ping pong ball being bounced all over the place with Cassie from timeline to timeline. The one consistency in this entire story line was there is no freaking end. Every storyline, character interaction was all left open. I am still at a lost of what the hell happened at the end. I am just tired of waiting literally years for this story to get the same discombobulated storyline. I felt exhausted at the end of this story and I am just too tired to think of all that I still have not grasped as yet because this tornado of a storyline is still spinning.What the hell? How is a reader to enjoy a story like this?
Honestly I have stopped reading a lot of authors this year because if they don't give a crap about their characters and advancing their storyline why should I care about reading it anymore.
This series more than likely has seen the last of me.
Maybe in the next 10 years Cassie may have developed some kind of assertiveness or growth. But to have been reading this series from 2006 and it is now 2015 and only 3 months have passed in this series something is def wrong.

Tags : Reap the Wind (Cassie Palmer) [Karen Chance] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. <b>From the New York Times</i> bestselling author of Tempt the Stars</i> comes the latest in the series that's well worth getting hooked on (Fresh Fiction). </b> You’d think that being chief seer for the supernatural world would come with a few perks. But as Cassie Palmer has learned,Karen Chance,Reap the Wind (Cassie Palmer),Berkley,0451419073,Clairvoyants,Clairvoyants;Fiction.,Fantasy fiction,Fantasy fiction.,Magic,Occult fiction,Palmer, Cassie (Fictitious character);Fiction.,Paranormal fiction,Vampires,AMERICAN SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY,FICTION Fantasy General,FICTION Fantasy Paranormal,FICTION Fantasy Urban,FICTION Romance Paranormal General,Fantasy,Fantasy - General,Fantasy - Paranormal,Fantasy - Urban,Fiction,Fiction - Fantasy,Fiction-Fantasy,FictionFantasy - Paranormal,FictionFantasy - Urban,FictionRomance - Paranormal - General,General Adult,MASS MARKET,Monograph Series, any,United States,urban fantasy; paranormal; cassie palmer; fantasy; vampire; karen chance; magic; vampires; romance; demons; paranormal romance; supernatural; faerie; ghosts; dark fantasy; angels; werewolves; witches; contemporary fantasy; action; wizards; necromancy; murder; adventure; fantasy books for adults; science fiction and fantasy; romance novels; fiction; fiction books; romance books; science fiction and fantasy books; mystery; urban; paranormal mystery; fantasy romance; urban fantasy books; shapeshifters; seanan mcguire; necromancer,urban fantasy;paranormal;cassie palmer;fantasy;vampire;karen chance;paranormal romance;romance;romance books;science fiction and fantasy;romance novels;ghost;fantasy novels;fiction;novels;fiction books;books fiction;romance novel;fantasy books for adults;fantasy book;fantasy fiction;fantasy novel;romance book;romantic novels;vampires;magic;supernatural;werewolves;fantasy books;mystery;horror;witches;demons;ghosts;fairies;zombies;angels;paranormal mystery;vampire romance;thriller books,FICTION Fantasy General,FICTION Fantasy Paranormal,FICTION Fantasy Urban,FICTION Romance Paranormal General,Fantasy - General,Fantasy - Paranormal,Fantasy - Urban,FictionFantasy - Paranormal,FictionFantasy - Urban,FictionRomance - Paranormal - General,Fiction - Fantasy,American Science Fiction And Fantasy,Fiction,Fantasy
Reap the Wind Cassie Palmer Karen Chance 9780451419071 Books Reviews
I’d had this book on my wish list for a really long time, or at least it seemed like it. So much so that when it finally came out, I held off on buying it and chose to nab it from the library instead. I kind of wish that I’d taken the time to refresh myself on the entire series to remind myself how great it actually is. While a reread of the whole thing wasn’t necessary, there were a couple of places it took a bit to drag a couple of recollections up.
I had forgotten how much I love this world and the characters in it. Cassie is pretty badass, but she is still kind of stumbling around and trying to figure out her power. Getting to see a side of Pritkin before he became his own version of badass was a nice change of pace, especially since he is one of my favorites.
Cassie grew a bunch in this book and is beginning to find a more solid foundation to move forward in her role as Pythia. It was nice to see her learning not to be everyone else’s tool. She is still being run ragged and bounced from problem to problem with very little breathing room.
My one, sort of negative is that there were a couple of biggie issues that didn’t get resolved in this book. It was really kind of a cliffhanger. In this case, I’m not hugely bothered by that as I love the series and fully intend on reading the next book, but I generally prefer a cleaner ending.
I did cave and go ahead and buy this one, even after reading it at the library because, really, it was kind of a stupid, forgetful thing and obviously I wasn’t thinking straight by night just buying it right away. Won’t happen the next time, though I do hope it doesn’t take as long to get the next book out (supposedly later this year).
I understand the concept of dangling a carrot in front of your audience and then using it to reel them in. In this series, since about book two, the carrot for me has been a pairing of Cassie and Pritkin. Every time I crack open another installment, I think to myself, this is going to be the one where the story really advances. Some have been more impressive than others. I loved Hunt the Moon. Others, like this one, don’t really take us very far from where we started. To which I say, just give me the darn carrot. I’m tired of chasing it. I am tired of feeling jerked around with it. It’s time to give readers a payoff and come up with something new to keep us excited.
Two books back, Karen Chance ended Hunt the Moon on the epic cliffhanger of Pritkin being dragged to hell. Nearly the entirety of the next book was spent with Cassie trying to rescue him, only to have the Demon Council send his soul back in time, leaving us hanging again. Guess what happens at the end of this book. Guess if this thread is resolved. Guess whether you’ll be able to walk away satisfied.
It’s not like I didn’t enjoy the book. It would be so much easier if I didn’t. Because I don’t want to give up the stupid carrot, yes, but also because I like Cassie. She is such a great underdog. She is completely underestimated by everyone around her. Yet she is always left standing in the end. I like that she is slowly starting to build a team of her own, that she is relying less on the resources provided for her. Her first acolyte, Rhea, is a great addition. Cassie is not only growing stronger, but she is also recognizing that in herself, which I love.
I’m still interested in the vampires and the senate, and even Mircea. But I am getting downright disturbed at the love scenes between him and Cassie. The last two books have been spent with Cassie’s heart and soul devoted to saving another man and Mircea is there for a about 5% of the story and she is shagging him. I understand there is a Mircea team, but they can’t any happier with this disparity than I am. It feels like Chance is trying to play both sides and it doesn’t work anymore, if it ever did.
I liked seeing Dorina, though again, we’ve been coyly pulling this thread for too long.
Believe it or not, I liked Rosier. I enjoyed his interactions with Cassie. And boy, did I love 24-year-old Pritkin. There are some great scenes. But it’s like taking a scenic drive for 6 hours that ends a mile away from home. The ride is good, but I also want to get somewhere. To be fair, I think Cassie has some good character building. I think her relationship with Rhea and her ties to the other girls she rescued will have an impact moving forward… as will her determination to seize the respect and power she is due. But, despite copious amounts of action and a few bits of sexy time, we just don’t get anywhere.
Do I really want to see what happens in Ride the Storm? Of course I do. The cliffhanger has done its job. But how many times will it keep working? The carrot is getting old.
Ok I was going to say I like Cassie..... But my fingers hesitated in typing it. Why because I know as I read this story it pissed me off. I am what you would call an avid reader. One who devours a book in one sitting ( even though I have an 9 hour job). I still get the book read and digested. This book took me 5 days to read. Why because there was ALWAYS some Hail Mary do or die issue going on. I felt like I was a ping pong ball being bounced all over the place with Cassie from timeline to timeline. The one consistency in this entire story line was there is no freaking end. Every storyline, character interaction was all left open. I am still at a lost of what the hell happened at the end. I am just tired of waiting literally years for this story to get the same discombobulated storyline. I felt exhausted at the end of this story and I am just too tired to think of all that I still have not grasped as yet because this tornado of a storyline is still spinning.
What the hell? How is a reader to enjoy a story like this?
Honestly I have stopped reading a lot of authors this year because if they don't give a crap about their characters and advancing their storyline why should I care about reading it anymore.
This series more than likely has seen the last of me.
Maybe in the next 10 years Cassie may have developed some kind of assertiveness or growth. But to have been reading this series from 2006 and it is now 2015 and only 3 months have passed in this series something is def wrong.

0 Response to "≡ [PDF] Gratis Reap the Wind Cassie Palmer Karen Chance 9780451419071 Books"
Post a Comment