Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat! Vol 2 Don't Stop MeOw Kate Leth Brittney L Williams Books

Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat! Vol 2 Don't Stop MeOw Kate Leth Brittney L Williams Books
Fans of Nimona, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, or Lumberjanes should definitely pick this up because they'll love it. I recommend this for anyone looking for a fun comic.Great fun! I love this run & I'll get next one for sure. I'll for sure be the sucker who buys the hardback volumes too because I really enjoy this & I'll support it. It was great to see Black Cat again. I remember watching her as a kid in the Spider-Man cartoon, she was one of my favorite parts. The friendships are at the core of the entire story. Pretty refreshing that Hellcat is building her business & focusing on her friends rather then the usual romantic entanglement story-lines.
Oh yea, the cover is actually different, it has Black Cat on it & I actually prefer it to one shown by amazon. I attached actual cover, goodreads had the right one, so I wasn't surprised.

Tags : Amazon.com: Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! Vol. 2: Don't Stop Me-Ow (9781302900366): Kate Leth, Brittney L. Williams: Books,Kate Leth, Brittney L. Williams,Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! Vol. 2: Don't Stop Me-Ow,Marvel,1302900366,Comics & Graphic Novels - Superheroes,Action and adventure comics,Comic books, strips, etc.,Comics (Graphic works),Female friendship,Interpersonal relations,New York (N.Y.),Superhero comics,Women superheroes,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Comics & Graphic Novels Superheroes,YOUNG ADULT FICTION,Young Adult Fiction Comics & Graphic Novels Superheroes
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat! Vol 2 Don't Stop MeOw Kate Leth Brittney L Williams Books Reviews
The Patsy Walker comic legal drama gets tidied up, then we move on to Civil War II. This was probably the best tie-in of the whole event. Patsy and her friends deal with She-Hulk being in a coma. Then Hedy is back to make trouble again as she sicks both of Hellcat's ex-husbands on her. Finally, Black Cat decides to take out Hellcat while most of the heroes are out of town doing the whole Civil War II thing.
The Good Kate Leth does a great job of detailing living in NYC in your 20's. The issue where Patsy deals with She-Hulk's coma is fantastic. The relationships between the women of the Marvel U in this book is extremely well done.
The Bad Editorially, the first issue of this book should have been part of volume 1 as it finishes up the Patsy Walker comics story line. And then the rest of the Black Cat story could have been in this book.
The Ugly Williams is still drawing Howard the Seagull.
At least they seemed to wrap up the Hedy storyline quickly, and started to let Patsy/Hellcat get on with being a street-level hero. The writing in this collection started to get better, which should be expected - apparently it just took some time to figure out what they wanted to do with the character.
The best thing about this volume was probably the development of the side characters, especially Patsy's roommate, Ian. The characters are developing a genuine, adult friendship, with an underlying theme of acceptance (and self-acceptance) - and if you want to take the acceptance of Ian's powers as a metaphor for acceptance of other aspects of Ian, it's probably intentional.
Still . . . this is a pretty middle of the road title. The story got more interesting in the last two issues, where Black Cat proves a decent villain, but the volume ends right before the two "cats" have their direct confrontation - and the art, the storytelling are just too uneven for me to really care what happens next. Even as it was starting to get better, the first volume set the bar pretty low, and unless you're a voracious comic reader, there are a lot of titles out there that will better reward your time.
What worked well for the first volume of Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat is that it's not trying to be the typical superhero comic -- it's light-hearted and fun. This second volume gets a bit off target. Despite the continuity being rather loose (as stated by the authors in one of the letter columns printed in this collection), Marvel pulls Patsy Walker into their massive Civil War II crossover. In the second issue of the collection, Patsy is faced with the difficult situation of her best friend, She-Hulk, being hospitalized in a coma after a confrontation with Thanos. The entire chapter is devoted to Patsy and her cohorts trying to process the situation with their friend. It ultimately changes the tone of the book. The book continues through two other storylines -- one in which Patsy's long-time frenemy Hedy attempts to coerce Walker's exes to wreak havoc in ehr life, and another in which Black Cat comes to town and takes aim at Patsy simply because she's one of the few street-level heroes not directly involved in the civil war. The first of these storylines is fairly entertaining, although it still has the more serious undertones of She-Hulk's coma throughout. The storyline with Black Cat starts off well, but this collection ends on a cliffhanger that's resolved in the third trade paperback.
The storyline continues to be very readable, but there are two main problems with this collection. In the first book, we got a (mostly) complete storyline, although it ended with something of an outlying chapter. This collection resolves that first storyline, then delves into three others, one of which is left quite unresolved. One of the advantages of reading serial comics in graphic novel (or trade paperback) format is that you can read complete story arcs -- unfortunately this volume doesn't really give you that experience as it's more of a hodge-podge of story that ends in a major cliffhanger. The second problem is that Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat works well as a light-hearted read. This collection has a more dark and serious undertone as a result of the situation in the Civil War II storyline. That serious undertone conflicts oddly with the comical nature of the book and ultimately doesn't work well.
The artwork in the book is handled entirely by Brittney L. Williams and it continues to work well with the focus of the book.
Overall, this is a decent read. Not as good as the first collection, but not bad either. It probably deserves 2.5 stars, but I'm rounding up to 3.
Continues just as good as it started. Can't wait until the final TP comes out so I can resolve the cliffhanger.
Had a nice time reading it, the cover is a bit misleading beacuse the black cat ark doesnt resolve in this volume. The art is superb while the writing is okay at best
Can't wait for vol 3. Loved the Hell Cat series. The only problem is no real villains, with street level heroes. Hedy is alright, but everyone forgettened that she is a demon that took the real Hedy and Patsy's mom to hell. I enjoy the artwork, But miss the action of the old days.
The only reason that I gave this 3 stars is issues #11 and 12 have the Black Cat.The story lines in the other issues were terrible and the Hellcat art work was like looking at issues of "Richie Rich". This kindle edition also leaves you hanging because the final issue is #13 which is not in volume 2.
Fans of Nimona, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, or Lumberjanes should definitely pick this up because they'll love it. I recommend this for anyone looking for a fun comic.
Great fun! I love this run & I'll get next one for sure. I'll for sure be the sucker who buys the hardback volumes too because I really enjoy this & I'll support it. It was great to see Black Cat again. I remember watching her as a kid in the Spider-Man cartoon, she was one of my favorite parts. The friendships are at the core of the entire story. Pretty refreshing that Hellcat is building her business & focusing on her friends rather then the usual romantic entanglement story-lines.
Oh yea, the cover is actually different, it has Black Cat on it & I actually prefer it to one shown by . I attached actual cover, goodreads had the right one, so I wasn't surprised.

0 Response to "[0ME]⋙ PDF Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat! Vol 2 Don't Stop MeOw Kate Leth Brittney L Williams Books"
Post a Comment